Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All In The Family

All In The Family

Two men met at a bus stop and struck up a conversation. One of them kept complaining of family problems.
Finally, the other man said: "You think you have family problems? Listen to my situation.
"A few years ago I met a young widow with a grown-up daughter. We got married and I got myself a stepdaughter. Later, my father married my stepdaughter. That made my stepdaughter, my step-mother. And my father became my stepson. Also, my wife became mother-in-law of her father-in-law.
"Much later, the daughter of my wife, my stepmother, had a son. This boy was my half-brother because he was my father's son. But he was also the son of my wife's daughter which made him my wife's grandson. That made me the grandfather of my half-brother.
"This was nothing until my wife and I had a son. Now the half-sister of my son, my stepmother, is also the grandmother. This makes my father, the brother-in-law of my child, whose stepsister is my father's wife, I am my stepmother's brother-in-law, my wife is her own child's aunt, my son is my father's nephew and I am my OWN GRANDFATHER!
"And you think YOU have family problems!!!"

-- Editor: This guy's gotta be from West Virginia. Hehehe!




Blonde, 25, Voted Britain's Sexiest Female Farmer!
HUTTON RUDBY, ENGLAND -- By day she trains sheep dogs, drives heavy equipment and encourages livestock to mate, Voyeurwebbers; but by night she dons a miniskirt and goes out on the town.
She is Anna Simpson (no relation to Homer Simpson), an attractive, sexy, 25-year-old blonde who was just voted Britain's sexiest female farmer.
According to contest officials, Ms. Simpson proves not all farm hands chew straw and are scruffily dressed.
Simpson, of Hutton Rudby, Yorkshire, bested hundreds of rivals in a poll held by Farmer's Weekly magazine. Simpson said: "I think many people believe a stereotypical farmer is a man in his 60s but I wanted to show they can also be young women, who want to get stuck in but also enjoy a night out," Simpson told a British newspaper.
Pete Mortimore, 25, of Widdecombe-on-the-Moor, Devon, was voted Britain's sexiest male farmer. Mortimore and Simpson each won about $400 and a pair of Wellington Boots.




Marriage by K.
In case you missed it, Voyeurwebbers, the Chinese Celebrated their New Year on February 14, which marked the end of the Year of the Ox, and the beginning of the Year of the Tiger, according to the Chinese zodiac calendar.
This change from Ox to Tiger, as it turns out, is a very big deal in China, and caused a surge in demand for marriage certificates prior to the start of the Year of the Tiger. Officials in Beijing said the rush to marry is based on cultural beliefs regarding varying fortunes associated with certain dates. Since Sunday's new year holiday comes after the official beginning of spring based on the solar-agrarian calendar, some are concerned there is no Spring in the Year of the Tiger.
Zhao Shuoxin, a new bride, explained to a news reporter that she and her new husband, Zhang Ning, considered such beliefs when planning their wedding. "This is the end of the ox year and we hard the whole of the next one will be bad for marriage," said Zhao.
With no Spring, which is associated with procreation, some Chinese are concerned a "widow year" was created. Window years are associated with infertility.
Eye shared this little item with you, Voyeurwebbers, not only because it provides a look at interesting aspects of Chinese culture, but so those of you who aren't quite ready to commit yet, but have a partner who constantly reminds them that there is no "ready" in "commitment", will now have a legitimate excuse for avoiding tying the knot: "Sorry, Honey, we can't get married this year, it's not only the Year of the Tiger; it's a Widow Year as well. We'll have to wait until next year." K.

No comments: